Took a Buck Island cruise with Captains John and Morgan and had an awesome time. Snorkeling was amazing and Turtle Beach is the best around! My son enjoyed the sailing especially. See you next time we are on the islands!
Sail, Sunbathe & Swim
Sailing the bluest waters of The Caribbean Sea
Departing Christiansted harbor and arriving at Buck Island Reef National Monument after a picturesque hour+ long sail you’ll enjoy a guided tour of the nation’s only underwater trail for an hour of snorkeling. Next, we will head to Turtle Beach “one of the world’s best beaches” according to National Geographic. A perfect place where you can eat lunch (not included), relax, sunbathe, swim, or even hike to the top of the Island for the breathtaking view. This full day trip gives you the maximum time at the beach and at Buck Island Reef National Monument. After a perfect day in the sun, sail back to Christiansted for an hour while sipping on Cruzan Rum Punch and searching for turtles and dolphins passing by off the bow. Interested in learning the inns and outs of sailing? Just ask your experienced captain, you’ll be rubbing elbows with them all afternoon!
Visit the first protected marine monument in America, Buck Island Reef National Monument
Enjoy the crystal clear ocean, sun-warmed sand and stunning views of Turtle Beach where the calm waters also make it the perfect spot for swimming and snorkeling
Snorkel along the nation’s first underwater trail with an experienced guide
Adults 18+: $105
Young Adults 0-17: $85
Monday – Saturday 9:30am – 3:30pm
Please arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
***ATTENTION! SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER SCHEDULE***
Wednesday, Friday and Saturday departures ONLY (private option available Tuesday – Saturday)
East End of the Boardwalk–59 King’s Wharf Christiansted, St. Croix VI 00820.
Please note: We require a minimum number of passengers for our trip to go out. Our system will automatically accept your reservation, charge your credit card (you will have a pending charge that will drop upon making your reservation) and notify you via email once we have enough guests signed up to meet our minimum requirement of passengers for the vessel to go out. If we do not meet this minimum and need to reschedule we will reach out to you.
Good to know
- Non-snorkelers and non-swimmers: please do not be intimidated by this tour. It is our pleasure to teach you the proper way to snorkel to ensure you feel comfortable in your experience. We are happy to accommodate those with physical limitations to the best of our ability.
- Arriving by cruise ship: we do not provide/arrange transportation. You will need to take a taxi from the port to our location in Christiansted. Visit gotostcroix.com for more information.
- Wave Dancer has a 4 step dive ladder that can sometimes be difficult for people to climb. This is the only way on and off the boat once you leave the dock, so please be sure everyone in your party is comfortable using it before booking.
- Expert captain and crew
- Snorkeling lessons and gear
- National park fees
- Ice chest
- Water and soda
- Cruzan Rum Punch (on the sail home, outside of the park boundaries)
- Cash gratuity for captain and crew
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Sunglasses and sunhat
- Bathing suit and towel
- Camera and go pro
- Reusable water bottle
- Cooler friendly lunch
- Additional beverages
- A crew gratuity, based on your level of satisfaction is not included, but typically 20-25% of the rate is recommended.
- Sunscreens containing oxybenzone are strictly prohibited, guests wearing sunscreens that contain oxybenzone will not be allowed to enter the water. Please help us protect the reef by using oxybenzone free sunscreen available for purchase in our shop. More info- http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/news/nov15/sunscreen-corals.html
- The safety and welfare of our guests while aboard our vessel is top priority and our captains are trained and certified by the American Red Cross in First Aid and CPR. Each morning our U.S. Coast Guard licensed Captains will assess the conditions.
- Caribbean Sea Adventures trips cost less because we do not include lunch. We take dietary restrictions and preferences seriously, and we want you to eat what you like. All vessels are equipped with ample cold storage to ensure proper food safety and we are happy to make recommendations. Please give us a call at 340-773-BOAT(2628).
Messages From Happy Guests
What a great way to see Buck island! The crew was great and so was the snorkeling. They gave us a short history of the island and you can tell they care a lot about the safety of you and the reef! The trip was the perfect amount of time as well.