Our first day in St. Croix and we could not have chosen a friendlier and more professional company. Our day trip on their shiny new catamaran to Buck Island for a glorious day of snorkeling and exploring was a perfect and most memorable family trip. They even served up some freshly made rum punch to the adults to cap it off. Alex, Hailey and Captain Jack (?) were fantastic guides. This is a must do!
No leaving the resort
Snorkel the only underwater national monument in existence
This tour is exclusively for guests of The Buccaneer Hotel. Departing from the hotel dock located in front of The Mermaid Restaurant and arriving at Buck Island Island just 15 minutes later is a great way to make the most of your morning or afternoon. You’ll enjoy a guided tour with one of our expert guides through the Nation’s first underwater trail, one of St. Croix’s most famous snorkeling destinations. Next, we will head to Turtle Beach “one of the world’s best beaches” according to National Geographic where you can relax, go on a beach walk, sunbathe or swim. We will cruise back to the Buccaneer searching for dolphins and sea turtles while you sip on our locally distilled Cruzan Rum Punch included in your ticket price.
Exclusively for guests of The Buccaneer Hotel only
Ride in STYLE on our brand new luxury power catamaran
Snorkel the world-renowned Buck Island, St Croix
- Adults: $85
- 18 & under: $65
- 2 & under: Free
Thursday 9am and 1pm.
Please arrive at the dock 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Dock at Mermaid Beach
- Snorkeling lessons and gear
- Ice chest
- Cruzan Rum Punch
- National park fees
- Alcohol for the beach after snorkeling
- Towel, hat and sunglasses
- Reef-safe sunscreen
- Gratuity for captain and crew
- You will automatically receive your reservation confirmation when the tour minimum of 6 guests is reached. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- Sunscreens containing oxybenzone are strictly prohibited, guests wearing sunscreens that contain oxybenzone will not be allowed to enter the water. Please help us protect the reef by using oxybenzone free sunscreen available for purchase in our shop. More info- http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/news/nov15/sunscreen-corals.html
- A crew gratuity, based on your level of satisfaction is not included, but typically 20-25% of the rate is recommended.
- The safety and welfare of our guests while aboard our vessel is top priority and our captains are trained and certified by the American Red Cross in First Aid and CPR. Each morning our U.S. Coast Guard licensed Captains will assess the conditions.
- Caribbean Sea Adventures trips cost less because we do not include lunch. We take dietary restrictions and preferences seriously, and we want you to eat what you like. All vessels are equipped with ample cold storage to ensure proper food safety and we are happy to make recommendations. Please give us a call at 340-773-BOAT(2628).
Good to know
Attention non-snorkelers and non-swimmers: please do not be intimidated by this tour. It is our pleasure to teach you the proper way to snorkel to ensure you feel comfortable in your experience. We are happy to accommodate those with physical limitations to the best of our ability.
Messages From Happy Guests
Great Snorkeling Trip with new boat, very great equipment and very nice and lovely crew, thank you so much 🙂
Highlight of our trip!! I would do this again and again. Next time we will go for the full day. The beach was beyond words. Thanks Captain Peter and First Mate Bun!!
My husband and I visited St. Croix for our honeymoon back in June. This was easily one of the highlights of our entire trip! Buck Island took my breath away. I also loved hearing the history of the island and why it is protected. I had never snorkeled before but they provided excellent instruction and made us feel perfectly safe. Daniel, Frankie, and Allie were our captain/tour guides/instructors. The views were exceptional and seeing under the water took my breath away. I would recommend this to anyone who is visiting St. Croix and I hope to go back!